If anyone has a better suggestion for a blog title, feel free to tell me.


Gotta love Monty Python.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Renaissance

So...no deep writing contemplating the meaning of life or whatever (which, btw, is 42) today.

It's already kinda late, so just a short description of last Sunday. Right now it's kinda hard for me to get my thoughts together, I'm not completely sure why. (Beware, this probably will result in the abuse of italics and smilies. :B) I haven't posted anything in a while either.

Anyways.

I went with two friends to the Colorado Renaissance Festival. It was cold and rainy, resulting in frozen fingers and muddy shoes. It was still pretty fun though, going around looking at and occasionally buying insanely expensive stuff.

We went this past weekend because there was a promotion that if you went the opening weekend, you could buy one adult ticket (approximately $19) and get one free with a coupon that was ridiculously easy to get. So I figured I could save me and my friends money by going. What I didn't save was quite a bit of pain from being so cold and wet. My shoe liking to dig into the back of my heel didn't really help either but at least eventually my feet became so numb from the cold I didn't feel it any more.

The weather forecast had predicted a chance of rain and a high somewhere in the 60s. Maybe it was because I live in a slightly different area than the Festival was, but it was really freaking cold and wet. And muddy. Really muddy. I mean, one shopkeeper sat on a stool at the front of her shop yelling "Watch out for the wet sloopy mud!" because apparently three people had already slipped in the wet sloopy mud (she said one bounced XD), which happened to be particularlly bad right in front of her store. The sun came out for about half a minute at one point, and a vendor's huge fabric umbrella started steaming. A lot. It was awesome.

That's just Colorado. Anyways.

I think it's pretty cool that most of the stuff that those vendors make is handmade. Though that does result in high prices. I spent around $70 there, on just a couple of things. One was a real tail. I think it may be a wolf tail, or something bigger than a fox. The fox tails were a bit small, and this one was called 'extra fancy'. Extra big, too, from the looks of it. Probably too big to be a fox's. (And I know you PETA people are just itching to start hating on me. Don't even start.) I've been wearing it around a lot at home. I'm also especially happy with my purchase of a three stone rings. They were suprisingly well priced and quite beautiful. (I've been getting more into rings again. :3) I also got my sister, who's not here right now, thank goodness, a little carved stone armadillo. Maybe she can take it with her to college so she won't forget who her family is.

I'm especially proud of myself because I arranged this trip all by myself! Quite unusually, I actually organized a social outing between me and my friends. Of course, I had to call like, ten people to find three who would go and then in the end one couldn't come anyways, buuuuut I think it was worth it. I've like, basically never done anything like that before, except some birthday parties. :D

Well, I guess I should wrap this up. But one last thing: you know stuff is super duper expensive when dinky little ear cuffs for $8 looks like a good deal.


Salem out.

No comments:

Post a Comment