If anyone has a better suggestion for a blog title, feel free to tell me.


Gotta love Monty Python.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

First post yay?

So...this is my first post on my new blog.

I guess I should be excited or something, but I'm really not. Maybe it's because I don't really expect much to come from this blog. Like, two people besides me reading it would exceed my expectations. Okay, maybe just one.

I don't even know what to name this. I don't want anything deep, but I don't want something corny either, especially something that's corny but trying to sound deep. [insert name here] works (like that's not corny), but I want something real. Things like 'My blog' don't fit well with me, and neither do things like 'Gumdrops' or 'Thoughts from a Raincloud' or whatever. Maybe I'll come up with something eventually.

Ah ha. I think I'm going to call it 'The Other Side'. That's what I call my cafe and hotel on Facebook, anyways. Not trying to be deep or anything, so poo for you if you think of it that way.

I made this so that I could write down my thoughts, which I haven't done before. I've told them to people, but describing what you think out loud is different from writing them down. From what I can tell, writing them down is harder. They make less sense, and sound stupider if the reader doesn't understand. But it's a good experience, probably.

I think I was actually most inspired to do this by a HeadTrip comic I read. The character, Lilian, appears to be similar to me, personality-wise. (Maybe I'm assuming too much. I'll never be as cool as her.) Anyways, there was a scene where she was blogging out her problems, and I was like, 'OMG! I'm like that too!' So here I am, blogging away.

What are you supposed to do on a blog, anyways? From what I know, people usually write about their lives. I figure that that means that I should too. So, I think that besides my thoughts on various things I'll write mainly about my life, obviously. Maybe particularly how it pertains to my thoughts.

Interestingly enough, I kind of don't want anyone I know in real life to read this. They might personally know the people or things I'm talking about. So if you know me in real life, go away.


Salem out.

PS 'Blog' is such an unattractive word.

No comments:

Post a Comment